In the name of Allah, the Gracious, the Merciful
This page hosts and links to articles, videos, and comprehensive resources that answer the most common criticisms or misconceptions about Islam found on the internet.
Integrity of Islamic Sources
- Origins of the variant readings of the Quran
- Blind Spots: Origins of Western method of critiquing Hadith
- Can We Trust Hadith Literature? Understanding the Processes of Transmission and Preservation
- Tracing Transmissions: Accuracy of Sahih Muslim
- Give it a second thought: Dealing with apparently problematic hadiths
- Abrogated Rulings in the Qur’an: Discerning their Divine Wisdom
- Finding truth in the age of misinformation: Information literacy in Islam
- Textual corruption of Surat al-‘Asr?
Islam and Theology
- Case for Allah’s existence in the Quran and Sunnah
- If Allah created everything, who created Allah?
- Was the universe created by chance?
- Reconciling the divine decree and free will in Islam
- Why does God ask people to worship Him?
- Why do people suffer? God’s existence and the problem of evil
- Divine wisdom in allowing evil to exist: Perspectives from Ibn al-Qayyim
- Infinitely Merciful and the question of Hellfire
- Jesus: A foundation for dialogue between Muslims and Christians
- Parallel Sayings in the Bible and Islam
- The Ten Commandments in Islam
- Are Arabs the master race in Islam?
- Baby girl buried alive is in Hell?
Prophethood of Muhammad
- Prophethood: Ethical and historical necessity
- Character of the Prophet
- Message of the Prophet
- Accomplishments of the Prophet
- Prophecies of the Prophet
- Miracles of the Prophet
- How Prophet Muhammad rose above enmity and insult
Islam, Violence, and Terrorism
- Islam and Peace
- Condemning Terrorism: Statements of Muslim Leaders
- Jihad as defense: Just-war theory in the Quran and Sunnah
- Jihad and the Islamic Law of War
- Is Islam a Conquest Ideology? On Jihad, War, & Peace
- Quran and Combat – Shaykh Mahmud Shaltut
- Warfare in the Quran
- Civilian Immunity in War
- War, Islam, and the Sanctity of Life: Non-Aggression in the Islamic code of combat
- War is deceit?
- Myth of Anti-Semitic genocide in Muslim scripture
- Is Islam a death cult? Martyrdom and the American-Muslim imagination
Islam, Women, and Gender
- Women in Islamic law: Examining five prevalent myths
- We used to have no regard for women: Gender equity and the advent of Islam
- End to hitting women: The Qur’anic concept of Darb (‘hitting’)
- Islam and violence against women: Critical look at domestic violence and honor killings
- Islamic is not the cause of honor killings, it is part of the solution
- Islam and the abortion debate
- And We created you in pairs: Islam and the gender question
- Are women deficient in intelligence in Islam?
- Balancing feminism, human rights, and faith
- Courage and commitment: Femininity of Muslim women
- Should a Muslim man marry a second wife?
- What does Islam teach about concubines?
- There is no theology of rape in Islam
- Marital rape and domestic violence in Islamic law
- Sexual consent, marriage, and concubines in Islam
- Islamic teachings on LGBT
- Pedophilia claim against Islam is false
- True men, manhood, and masculinity in Islam
- Open letter to Muslim men: Sunnah trumps toxic masculinity
- Be a man: Constructing Prophetic masculinity
Islam and Non-Muslims
- All human life is sacred in Islam
- Islam is mercy for the entire creation, even enemies
- Religious minorities under Muslim rule
- Issue of apostasy in Islam
- Equal protection of law for Muslims and non-Muslims
- Cooperation with all humanity for justice in Hilf al-Fudul
- Obeying the law in Non-Muslim countries
- Islam between blasphemy and extremism
- Playing the Taqiyya card: Evading intelligent debate by calling all Muslims liars
Islam, Science, and History
- Reason, logic, and science in Islam
- Reason and Rationality in the Quran
- Islam’s contribution to science and civilization
- Evolution and human origins: Theological conclusions and empirical limitations
- Reconciling Islam and scientific evolution
- When the earth speaks against us: Environmental ethics in Islam
- Holy Quran and Environment
- How to be a mindful Muslim: An exercise in Islamic meditation
- An Islamic perspective on methodological naturalism
Islam, Shari’ah, and Government
- The Modern Islamic State
- Shari’ah in today’s world: Renewing Islamic discourse
- Shari’ah: From diverse legal discourse to colonial misrepresentation
- Shari’ah, Fiqh, and Islamic law explained
- Does Islam need saving? An analysis of human rights
- Stoning and hand-cutting: Understanding the Hudud and Shari’ah in Islam
- Who carries out Islamic legal punishments?
- What does Islam teach about slavery?
- Islam and the value of human freedom
- Islam and the secular age: Between certainty and uncertainty
Success comes from Allah, and Allah knows best.